Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Your Bitchin' Mixtape: DeVotchKa!



Your essential ingredients:

*2011's 100 Lovers
^2008's A Mad & Faithful Telling
+2004's How It Ends

Because of the way I hear things in my head, everything is sequenced like the most killer concert you could hope to see. Which translates into first act, long encore, small and final encore. All restrained to the 80 minute confine of a CD. Tracks are also sequenced for maximum flowability with the best songs being weighted towards the end.

Yes, I know this is sad even for a music nerd of my stature. But this is what I like and I've been doing it for so long it's almost effortless.

And now...
Your bitchin' DeVotchKa mixtape.

1.^Basso Profundo
2.*Contrabanda
3.+The Enemy Guns
4.+Twenty-Six Temptations
5.^Head Honcho
6.*All the Sand in the Sea
7.*The Common Good
8.^Undone
9.+This Place is Haunted
10.+Viens Avec Moi

11.*100 Other Lovers
12.+Such a Lovely Thing
13.*Exhaustible
14.*The Man from San Sebastian
15.^The Clockwise Witness

16.+How It Ends
17.^Transliterator


For best results, burn it onto a CD, play it in your car, turn the volume up and then drive off into the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment