Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Future Portends



As is the mantra for all great things in life, I can only say this: "Blame Tyler."

We were discussing new stories, new projects, new ideas. His pitch was simple: "Your next story should be a comic. Just go for it. And here's your subject- Space Pirates."

Thus, a long thought process has been unfolding for me in which I've spent more time than a person should thinking about quantum suicide and Heisenberg's principle of uncertainty, repeaters, Goldfrapp's first album, bad 2001: Space Odyssey jokes, time travel, couples who obviously don't belong together except nobody else will take them and yes, astro zombie pirates. No irony intended. I'm going to write a love story about time travel, quantum physics and astro zombie pirates.

Other things to make you close your laptop in disgust look forward to: I'm working out different brain muscles this year. I've set the goal to review twelve albums, ten by bands I know and love and two by artists I have no real subjective connection to. This was a dare from best friend Travis. The first, Dynamite Steps as performed by the Twilight Singers has been up for a few weeks already. Up next: Collapse into Now by R.E.M. And later? Devotchka, the Strokes and RadioHead.

Beyond that, I'm working on tying up a few loose projects here and there as Tyler Kent and I do our best to create movement on This is Not a Love Song. I'd like to play Twenty Questions with some of my more fascinating friends and update this blog. Maybe some new stories here, new songs there or at least a picture or two. Who knows?

As always, take care of each other.

2 comments:

  1. thanks shivery! i'll be sure to throw in a truly stupid and morally reprehensible moment just in an attempt to amuse you.

    ReplyDelete