Monday, March 16, 2009

Ronin Rock Gets to the Heart of the Matter

The heart of the music is more like it. This week I will be taking off for the fair city of Austin, Texas where I will be indulging in the annual South by Southwest Music Conference. For those of you in the know, of course, its SXSW and will be referred to as such from now on.

There are really only two bands that I wanted to see this year: Gogol Bordello and the Holdsteady. Having gotten my Gogol in, its time for some Holdsteady. Which I hope to catch in Austin. Additional highlights will hopefully include Dan LeSac vs. Scroobius Pip, Third Eye Blind and Okkervelle River. Its a real exciting time for me.

Thanks go out to E and Travis for making this happen (especially E for helping me with so much beforehand and during), Tyler for being my partner in crime, Vic and her husband for putting up with us and Lauren for much of the same. If I can get my cellular service to stop being failure, I might even get to twitter it at pennifuzzbox@twitter.com. High hopes. I know. But you never do know, really.

Thanks for being here. Hope to have fun exciting stuff to bring back to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment