Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Prepare Soul for Departure pt. 2: Thou Shalt Not Always Necessarily Kill

Sadly, it looks as though thous shalt not always kill. Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip are the first casualties of the South By SouthWest Music Conference as it's already been announced that Mssr. Le Sac is waylaid by illness and won't make it stateside.

Scroobius Pip, of course, will be hosting some event or another but, sadly, no music. Were the Holdsteady not playing, I'd be destitute, devastated and getting ready to John Berryman myself if I could only find a bridge and a blizzard. Still, I consider going just for the majestic sight of Pip's beard.

I imagine myself as that woman in the bible: so lonely, so desparate... so convinced of JC's power that she's satisfied just to touch the hem of his garment. Jesus, touched by her faith, grants her his grace.

Possibly. Maybe... If I touch Scroobius' beard, I, too, can be loquacious?

Incandescent?

English?

Possibly?

Maybe?

I ponder this before ordering another whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment